The minute I tried this recipe I knew it would forever be a holiday favorite, yummy little chocolate cookies taste like a bite of chocolate cake with frosting!
- 2 sticks + 2 tablespoons of butter, softened
- 3/4 cup sugar
- 1/3 cup cocoa powder
- 2 cups flour
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 3 tablespoons cocoa powder
- 1 heaping cup powdered sugar
- 2-3 tablespoons hot water
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- holiday sprinkles
- Preheat the oven to 350. Cream the butter and the sugar until smooth. Add the 1/3 cup cocoa powder and mix until incorporated.
- In a separate bowl, combine the flour, salt, baking soda, and baking powder. Add to the butter mixture and mix until just combined. Roll into small balls and make an indent with your thumb in the center of the ball. Bake for 7-9 minutes or until dry looking and lightly cracked on the surface but still very soft. I left mine a little bit underdone so they were softer and fudgier, almost like a brownie.
- When they come out of the oven, press the centers down again to make a more defined well for the frosting. Allow to cool.
- Whisk the cocoa powder, powdered sugar, hot water, and vanilla. Spoon the frosting into the centers of the cookies and add sprinkles.
Check out our recipe video!